The Sr. Data Warehouse / Business Intelligence Engineer will be responsible for the architecture, design, development and maintenance of the data warehouse. The specific activities that will be included, but not limited to, are defining ETL/Data integration architecture, strategy for master data and metadata management, dimensional and relational data modeling, development of ETL code and physical data models, and performance tuning towards fulfillment of business goals. The solution design should be targeted to meet the business needs for information delivery via reports, cubes, and dashboards. In addition to the above primary responsibilities, this individual will also be involved in designing and developing reports and cubes.
- Works with customers, end-users, other engineers, and PM team to define the data requirements and structure for Business Intelligence (BI) applications
- Design, architect, and develop data solutions to help product and business teams make data driven decisions
- Design dimensional data models that are optimized for performance and ease of report creation
- Work closely with data analysts to construct creative solutions for their analysis tasks
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of data collection, storage, and retrieval processes
- Optimize our infrastructure at both the software and hardware level
- Support end users on ad hoc data usage and be a subject matter expert on the functional side of the business
- Perform yearly capacity planning, monitoring data warehouse growth.
- Maintain an awareness of existing, new and emerging data warehousing technologies
- Bachelor (4-year) degree, with a technical major, such as engineering or computer science
- Experience writing complex SQL queries and ETL development; Microsoft suite of solutions is preferred (SSIS, SSMS, SSRS, SSAS)
- Experience with Salesforce CRM & Analytics
- Experience with Salesforce integration to data warehouse; Informatica experience is a plus
- Expertise around database programming and performance tuning techniques
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to communicate complex technical concepts
- Strong customer service and relationship building experience involving a deep understanding of customer and business needs
- Advanced problem resolution skills exhibiting the ability to decide complex database/data warehouse issues; successfully analyze and evaluate alternatives and draw valid conclusions.