Reporting to the Supply Chain Senior Finance Manager, the Accountant, Manufacturing & Distribution Operations is responsible for providing support for the month end closing, including supplier payments, research of spends, reclassification of expenses. This position is also expected to support forecasting, budgeting, and provide ad-hoc projects support.
- Code supplier invoices and ensure timely payments for expenses and capital expenditure
- Support Procurement for their activities with suppliers, ensure payments to match net receipts ( net of rejections and returns)
- Support the reconciliation of inventories
- Reclassify expenses for monthly closing
- Run reports to provide key reporting metrics
- Analyze key metrics with plant management to provide decision support and drive operational effectiveness
- Support internal controls and procedures are implemented to support compliance with Company policies and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements
- Perform projects under the direction of the Senior Finance Manager
- Associate‚ s degree required with an emphasis in Finance, Accounting, Logistics, Supply Chain, or Business preferred
- A minimum of 2 years progressive experience in finance/accounting roles within product supply chain environments
- Solid accounting and finance foundation. Cost accounting knowledge ‚ i.e. Inventory, COGS, manufacturing variance analysis
- Excellent communication skills, ability to express quantitative results clearly, concisely and effectively; ability to summarize and effectively explain complex information.
- Previous ERP (i.e. Microsoft DAX) systems experience
- Demonstrated expertise in assessing large amounts of data to develop hypotheses and solutions
- Spreadsheet and financial modeling proficiency required